Photobucket

Welcome to Favorite Color Swap!

My name is Nichole, and I'll be your hostess for this swap. Please check out the rules, sign up, and spread the word with a button! If you have any questions, please contact me. Thanks for stopping by!

The full rules can be found HERE

-Sign-ups close March 8th

-Matches will be sent by March 12th

-Packages must be shipped by April 12th

-Contact your pal at least once a week

Have fun!

Please download to your own server!









Friday, March 21, 2008

Gone Overboard contest...?

Hey swappers! I just realized that not all of you are on Ravelry and therefore you can't comment on my posts there. Doh!

I'm thinking of holding a contest on my blog for the Spoiler who went over the most. To be fair, I'll ask for entries to tell me what your spending limit was and what you spent. I'll subtract the limit from your overboard total and the one who went overboard the most, will win. To enter, you'll have to post a comment to my blog with the information. The final key is this: Entries would open on the deadline for mailing our swap packages (12 April 2008) and close on 1 May 2008---that will give you two weeks to enter.

Does this sound like fun for all you who spent too much? Can you drop a comment on this post to say you'll likely enter (or not), so I can see if there's enough interest? If there is, I'll announce the contest on my blog on the 12th.

What kind of a prize should I assemble? Suggestions? Hints? Ideas? Not everyone in this swap is a knitter (my main craft), so I'd like some ideas that will cross all craft boundaries, if possible. Maybe I can tailor the winner's package a little too, depending.

Thanks!

Anne.

P.S. No, I won't be allowed to enter my own contest. *sigh*

Comments on "Gone Overboard contest...?"

 

Blogger DutchMoeder said ... (March 23, 2008 at 8:31 AM) : 

I'll be entering! I spent a bundle!

 

Blogger OneCraftyChick said ... (March 25, 2008 at 5:08 AM) : 

Count me in, too! I'll likely go way over since I haven't been very good about tracking how much I've spent. As for ideas, maybe a little bit of craftiness that crosses all the craft genres - yarn (even non-knitters, like scrapbookers, can use yarn, ribbon, buttons, a pair of cute scissors, pretty paper or note cards...I have tons of ideas!

 

Blogger sko_G knits said ... (April 10, 2008 at 10:53 AM) : 

or what about a GC to a local yarn or craft shop?

 

post a comment