Photobucket

Welcome to Favorite Color Swap!

My name is Nichole, and I'll be your hostess for this swap. Please check out the rules, sign up, and spread the word with a button! If you have any questions, please contact me. Thanks for stopping by!

The full rules can be found HERE

-Sign-ups close March 8th

-Matches will be sent by March 12th

-Packages must be shipped by April 12th

-Contact your pal at least once a week

Have fun!

Please download to your own server!









Tuesday, April 22, 2008

mystery chest revealed

when this super huge package arrived for me, i couldn't imagine that it could have been my FCS3 package. i was expecting something smaller but to my surprise...behold the mystery chest:



seriously, my pal went above and beyond. first, let's talk about this trunk. oddly enough, a friend and i have been talking about those little cosmetic trunks that our mothers had back in the days of hot rollers and such, and how they would make the perfect knitting case. imagine my surprise when i ripped into the package to find this trunk so carefully wrapped in scrunched paper for protection.

it came over the weekend but i haven't had a chance to take any photos until tonight, so please forgive the lighting. check out it's amazing contents:



there are two hanks of malabrigo worsted in citrus, three hanks of manos cotton stria, three luxurious skeins of royal bamboo, and one skein of life style by zitron; 3 bags of licorice...OMG, i am about to faint over those i love them so much...3 bars of dark chocolate...seriously, someone catch me...some amazing glass knitting needles, a set of 000 addi dpns, "things i learned from knitting...whether i wanted to or not" by the yarn harlot, a cottage cotton collection pattern book by manos del uruguay, some lovely rain dots stickers for my windows, an embroidered "c" initial iron-on (i am having serious thoughts of putting my initial on all my shirts a-la laverne) and last but not least yarn ball cat toys for my cat. whew!

first of all, how she managed to get all that into that trunk is beyond me, i can't seem to get the top shut again with all that stuff in there. second of all, there is way more in here than i could have imagined, my secret pal went way above and beyond. thirdly, she certainly was good at keeping her identity a secret, i had to do a little investigative searching to find out who she was...there was no note enclosed!!

a little birdie told me who she was, thanks kathleen (Serya of Duntrune)!!

Comments on "mystery chest revealed"

 

Blogger Megan said ... (April 23, 2008 at 4:42 AM) : 

wow!!! that was an appropriate way to package it. That was some serious knitting booty!

 

Blogger SeryaDuntrune said ... (April 23, 2008 at 5:07 AM) : 

Whew! I was so worried that something had gone wrong in the shipping as it took so long for it to get to you, I'm glad it arrived safely. I totally can't believe I forgot to include a note saying who I was, I think I referenced it on the shipping label and that's about it. Just call me a ditz.

I had no clue what colors to get you, I just knew that you have exquisite taste and you'd mentioned something about citrus... So I jumped off the deep end and just ran with it! I had a blast shopping for everything and I know I may have gone a little overboard but it was all just way too fun to resist. I hope the colors keep you cheerful and upbeat this spring!


~Serya/Kathleen

 

Blogger Montreal Mama said ... (April 23, 2008 at 2:42 PM) : 

Wow, what a great package. I have yet to receive anything from my pal, yours did a great job! Jealous! I hope I get just as spoiled!

 

post a comment